GENERAL RULES (“Rules”)
From time to time, we may offer promotions to give away merchandise, often products received from sponsors or other companies whose products our bloggers have used. These “Sweepstakes” are subject to our general terms, below, and the specific terms (“Specific Rules”) posted on the relevant blog post.
Here are the general terms under which Babble’s Sweepstakes operate:
- Babble Media, Inc., 1200 Grand Central Ave., Glendale, California 91201 (“Sponsor”), is solely responsible for all aspects of the Sweepstakes promoted on Babble.com.
- You never need to make a purchase or payment to enter or win any Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes are void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws.
- To be eligible to enter a Sweepstakes, at the time of entry, you must:  at least be 18 years old (or older if age of majority differs in the state of primary residence);  be a legal resident of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or the, District of Columbia;  not be an employee of the Sponsor; its parent, affiliate, subsidiary companies or its advertising or promotion agency involved in the Sweepstakes nor members of their household or immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and their spouses). Additional eligibility requirements may be posted in Specific Rules.
- Sweepstakes winners are selected at random.
- The odds of winning any Sweepstakes will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize(s) to be awarded for any Sweepstakes will be posted in the Specific Rules, including without limitation, a brief description of the prize(s), the approximate retail (“ARV”) of the prize(s) and any relevant terms, conditions and/or limitations.
- Any depiction of a prize(s) is for illustrative purposes only. The prize(s) is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize(s) of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen element of a prize(s). The prize(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The prize(s) elements cannot be separated (if applicable). All expenses associated with claiming or using a prize(s) are solely the responsibility of the winner. A prize(s) will be given away provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries. The prize(s) awarded are subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules.
- The winner is responsible for taxes on any prize won; if the value of the prize is greater than $600, the Sponsor will send you a 1099 form reflecting the total value of the prize.
- In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose Facebook account uploaded the relevant post via Facebook Comments.
- If you win, your acceptance of any prize gives Sponsor an unconditional right to use your name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- By entering any Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize (or any portion thereof) you may win, you agree that you will be bound by these Rules, the Specific Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- By entering, you agree that in the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules (including the Specific Rules) or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes and, in such event, to select the winner(s) by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable.
- By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor (and when applicable, Facebook), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, and the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and its assignees of each, from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the entry, selection or use of an entry or from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize; participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or travel or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
- By entering, you agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, “Claim”) arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the Rules (including the Specific Rules) or the prize(s) awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. Any and all Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Sponsor does not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or prizes.
- Sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.