10 Reasons To Be Happy the Holidays Are OverErin Loechner
Sure, Christmas is good. Great, even. But come on, this season is nuts. And I’m sort of, maybe, almost excited that it’s over. And by almost, I mean VERY. Here are 10 reasons to be happy to flip the kitchen wall calendar to December 26th:
1. You get to bask in the glow of your overachievement when, the day after Christmas, your exterior holiday lights are already down and carefully packed away. (It matters not that you failed to hang them in the first place; I certainly won’t quash your spirits.)
2. The end of the holiday season means a year-long sabbatical from Mariah Carey (unless you’re Nick Cannon).
3. The commencement of school is just one week away. If that doesn’t call for a Hallelujah chorus, what does?
4. You can walk through your favorite stores with nary a holly leaf in sight until oh, Labor Day.
5. You no longer have to question the spillage of glitter from your husband’s pants cuffs, unless you reside in Las Vegas. In the event that you do reside in Las Vegas, feel free to continue the inquisitions.
6. You can now reclaim your shelf space (and Pinterest feed) from The Elf.
7. You have 364 days to brainstorm the perfect gift to make up for the lame one you gave this year.
8. Shipping a package won’t drain your savings account. Moreover, the line at the post office won’t require a 2 hour minimum wait time.
9. No more family PR campaigns overflowing from your mailbox. (Related: this might make you pee from laughter.)
10. Shrill ringing bells will no longer announce your arrival at the grocery store. (But a chewed up wad of gum might.)
Merry Day-After, friends!
More on First Time Around:
10 Websites to Make Your Life 10 Times Easier
15 Toys You Should Never Travel Without
10 Holiday Gifts for First Time Parents
What A Home Birth Looks Like
5 Secrets No One Tells a New Mother