We love blogging. But the only thing we love even more than that? Blogging about blogging.
In our arduous, diligent 14 months of online writing, we’ve noticed Dear Net Citizens, that people deeply enjoy reading lists and gallery posts. Why else would so many writers on the Internet subject their audiences to this style of post? Huh, WHY?
Sure, websites like Cracked.com are famous for their intense animalistic love of numbered lists and galleries, but we at HowToBeADad.com have never used them on our site; we’re virginal if you will.
Well, it’s official. We love galleries so much, we’re getting married to them, boys and girls.
So, here’s our love letter to the most sought-after and entertaining stylization of web authorship ever devised. It’s an ode to Gallery Posts. We present to you our…
Top 10 Reasons We LOVE Gallery Posts!
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’1′
1. Backseat Drivers 1 of 11It gives an opportunity for people to point out all the things you missed out on in your gallery!
2. Boosting Job Numbers - 2 of 11Galleries provide gainful employment for monkeys who use typewriters.
3. Snark 3 of 11Quippy little captions belong on the Internet. Just ask any ol' Internet meme.
4. Sex! Sex! Sex! 4 of 11You get the live pageviews sex show! For free, and without worry of any communicable disease.
5. Peer Pressure 5 of 11Everybody else is doing it!
6. Literacy 6 of 11No one really reads anymore, they just look at the pictures. Plus, paragraphs are for smart people and owners of electronic book readers. You didn't even read this caption, did you? Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
7. SERIOUSLY 7 of 11EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING IT! Image courtesy of YoungManBlog
8. Authority-ism-ness 8 of 11Lists make things seem important. And important things are just better. Image courtesy of Wikimedia
9. Easy Peasey 9 of 11Writing is HARD. C'mon! Give us a break. Oh thanks, Gallery Post, you just did. Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
10. Kittens! 10 of 11Who could deny the mighty power of kittens? No one.
11. Counting Skills 11 of 11Lists are also good for re-enforcing basic counting skills. This list actually goes to eleven.
Read more from us on HowToBeADad.com
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, and for updates
Need more zombification? Read more from Night of the Living Dads!
Don’t miss the latest from Babble Voices — Like Us on Facebook!