Last week on my blog The Alison Show I shared a new sugar cookie recipe I’ve been LOVING and instructions for how to decorate them to look like the gorgeous anemone flower. This got me thinking about some other beautiful spring appropriate cookies I’ve seen, and so here they are for your baking pleasure!
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’3′
1. Anemone Flower Sugar Cookies from The Alison Show 1 of 15Anemone Flower Cookies from The Alison Show
Sugar cookies are my go to for a jaw-dropping treat. They do take some time, but this buttercream frosting recipe is a lot quicker than using royal icing, and it's so good you'll probably want to send me a thank you card.
2. Orange Glazed Cookies with Pistachios from Zucker Zimt & Liebe 2 of 15Orange Glazed Cookies with Pistachios from Zucker Zimt & Liebe
This recipe looks SO YUMMY, the pairing of an orange glaze with possibly the ONLY nut I like sprinkled on things?! I cannot wait to give this recipe a try.
3. Piggy Macarons from Raspberri Cupcakes 3 of 15Piggy Macarons from Raspberri Cupcakes
I consider myself a pretty good baker, but there are a few baking sites out there make me seriously want drop to the floor and bow down. Raspberri Cupcakes is one of them, and these Piggy Macarons, with their light coloring and rainbow shower styling make them look so pretty for spring.
4. Marizpan-Filled Easter Pastries from Sweetapolita 4 of 15Marizpan-Filled Easter Pastries from Sweetapolita
Rosie from Sweetapolita is another one of those women I just worship when it comes to styling and baking. Her recipes never disappoint. Each one I've used is well explained and well tested. So you can dive into trying these Marzipan-Filled Easter Pastries knowing they will be worth the effort.
5. Triple-Tier Flower Cookies from Bake at 350 5 of 15Triple-Tier Flower Cookies from Bake at 350
Another beautiful floral cookie from one of my favorite sugar cookie blogs. These cookies were inspired by a tier cake, but think how fun Easter or party guests would find their own individual cookie!
6. Pastel Mint Chip Cookies from The Alison Show 6 of 15Pastel Mint Chip Cookies from The Alison Show
This is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe dressed up for spring with some pastel colored mint chips. The sprinkles on the mint chips give the rest of the cookie a nice crunch. This batch makes a million cookies and they are super easy and fool-proof!
7. Lime Meltaways from Lulu the Baker 7 of 15Another girl you can always trust, Melissa from Lulu the Baker has this yummy lime meltaway recipe. I don't know about you, but when spring is in the air citrus is something I start to just crave. These pretty powder sugar cookies would look super pretty paired with other Easter treats.
8. Happy Easter Double Decker Cookies from Bake at 350 8 of 15Happy Easter Double Decker Cookies from Bake at 350
I think layering sugar cookies is an overlooked practice by the home baker. It's super easy to do, like this recipe will show, and it gives such a huge wow-factor.
9. French Macarons from Decor8 Blog 9 of 15
10. Raspberry Tart from Griottes 10 of 15Raspberry Tart from Griottes
This french genius deserves her own planet? Or something SUPER awesome. Where we can all go live and enjoy her nummies. Again, it's only KIND OF a cookie, but I'll get back to the real deal now.
11. Country Bunnies from Baked Ideas 11 of 15
12. Ombre Sugar Cookies from Sweet Sugarbelle 12 of 15Ombre Sugar Cookies from Sweet Sugarbelle
I've actually made these cookies and they are VERY simple! I think it would be fun to do these in an egg shape for Easter!
13. Faberge Egg Cookies from SweetAmbs 13 of 15Faberge Egg Cookies from SweetAmbs
SweetAmbs always has really informative royal icing tutorials. Here she shows us how to use gold icing to embellish some Faberge-inspired egg cookies!
14. Sugar Cookie Place Cards from The Alison Show 14 of 15Sugar Cookie Place Cards from The Alison Show
I used these for my daughter's birthday party, and I think they would be PERFECT for an Easter party, but instead of a pony, do a mini chocolate egg or sugar cookie egg.
15. Stamped Cookies from Martha Stewart 15 of 15Stamped Cookies from Martha Stewart
We can't do a round-up of spring cookies and leave out Martha! These stamped cookies look easy and delicious. What more could you want from a cookie?!
Now let’s get baking!
Love and Donuts,