I’ve become obsessed with needing a garland for every occasion. My fire place just looks SO sad without one. I think this is just another indicator I am in fact turning into a crazy craft lady (if I wasn’t already one). No doubt themed sweaters with holiday-appropriate buttons are not far behind. But I’ve decided to embrace it.
Garlands and buntings are just so cheery! And you don’t have to wait for a party to use one. They make any meal or get together feel special, and I’ve taken to using them to round out room decor too. So here’s a round-up of 16+ buntings and garlands that will work for lots of occasions. Some are DIYs, some are ideas, and some you can even buy if you’re feeling lazy. But for the most part garlands and buntings are an inexpensive way to add a little pep to your room’s step.
Now let’s get crafty!
Love and Donuts,
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’5′
1. Ten Easy garlands from A Beautiful Mess 1 of 16Ten Easy garlands from A Beautiful Mess
These ladies never leave you hanging, case in point: not one, but TEN fabulous and easy garland ideas for your next party or to perk up a corner of the house.
2. Tissue Paper Garland from Hank and Hunt 2 of 16Tissue Paper Garland from Hank and Hunt
Tissue paper is inexpensive and you probably already have it on hand, making this a perfect go-to garland.
3. Paper Dots Garland from Oh Happy Day 3 of 16Paper Dots Garland from Oh Happy Day
So pretty and easy, this garland will look festive long after the party.
4. Colorful Flag Bunting from The House That Lars Built 4 of 16Colorful Flag Bunting from The House That Lars Built
If you use quality 100% wool felt, this bunting will look beautiful in your home for years.
5. Heart of Gold Garland from The Alison Show 5 of 16Heart of Gold Garland from The Alison Show
This is another all occasion garland, and one that works really well as room decor.
6. Tassel Garland from The Alison Show 6 of 16Tassel Garland from The Alison Show
Hop on the tassel bandwagon! These ones are made from plastic table clothes and look cute as a garland or strung from a giant balloon.
7. Paper Star Garland from Currently Coveting 7 of 16Paper Star Garland from Currently Coveting
This garland caught my eye months ago, and I haven't stopped thinking about it! Hundreds of tiny origami stars would be a lot of work, but you can also buy one on her site!
8. Mexican Bunting from You are My Fave 8 of 16Mexican Bunting from You are My Fave
Using some paper punches, makes creating this bunting super fast. Plus the cutouts create instant confetti! Bonus.
9. Triangle Fringe Garland from Mint Love Social Club 9 of 16Triangle Fringe Garland from Mint Love Social Club
Triangles AND fringe? Well that's just a match made in trendy heaven.
10. Crepe Paper Bow Garland from The Flair Exchange 10 of 16Crepe Paper Bow Garland from The Flair Exchange
I love how simple and genius this garland is. It would be super cute at a little girl's birthday party or baby shower.
11. Felt Triangle Garland from The Alison Show 11 of 16Felt Triangle Garland from The Alison Show
With your sewing machine this garland can be whipped up in NO TIME. Again, using quality felt will make it last for years.
12. Geo Paper Garland from Minie Co. 12 of 16Geo Paper Garland from Minie Co.
I love the challenge of a little origami. These geo shapes are so fun.
13. Felt Ball Garland from By Petra 13 of 16Felt Ball Garland from By Petra
It doesn't get much easier or cuter than some wool felt balls strung together. Perfect for any occasion.
14. DIY Fringe Banners from Dear Lizzy 14 of 16DIY Fringe Banners from Dear Lizzy
Adding a message with some card stock letters is easy with this cute fringe banner made from plastic table cloths.
15. Shot Through the Heart DIY Garland from Smile and Wave 15 of 16Shot Through the Heart DIY Garland from Smile and Wave
I think these stuffed fabric arrows are perfect as nursery decor!
16. Fruit Balloons Garland from Oh Happy Day 16 of 16Fruit Balloons Garland from Oh Happy Day
So stinking clever and cute, these fruit balloons would work for a party for both young and old.