5 3/4 Reasons I Can't Wait for the Olympic Opening CeremoniesLaura Mayes
Only a few more hours until the London 2012 Olympics begins. It seems like only yesterday they announced the $800,000 logo that started making people have seizures. My how time flies.
But now that it’s flown here and straight into Platform 9 3/4, I have 5 3/4 reasons that I’m ridiculously excited about the 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies.
1. A weird psychedelic History of Britain dream presented by acrobatic children popping out of the ground draped in neon dried fruit and signing Beatles songs choreographed with glitter pyrotechnics. 1 of 6Also Voldemort, Mary Poppins, Puck, from A Midsummer Night's Dream and Alice from Wonderland. It will remind you of college. Print from Bouf
2. The costumes! 2 of 6Not outfits. Not uniforms. Costumes. Athletes will be in hot uniforms the rest of the weeks, but not tonight. No. Tonight is the Tony Awards Red Carpet portion of the competition. And we will be the judge of that. Get ready, Twitter.
3. A good excuse to try to cook British food. 3 of 6Here are some Olympic Food Party Ideas. Good luck with that.
4. The ladies, the ladies, the ladies. 4 of 6
5. Its basically free to watch on your TV 5 of 6
5 3/4. The Swim Team 6 of 6Watch the Swim Team singing that dumb song you can't get out of your head. Then you'll understand. Photo from Glamour.
Are you ready? Find out what time and where it starts in your zip code right here.
Photo from Tales of a Design Life.