5 tips for Looking Like a Rockstar in a Photo boothAlison Faulkner
We just got back from Alt. Summit (a rad blogger’s conference) in Salt Lake City and while attending we were able to hit every blogger’s favorite crack pipe over and over again: the photo booth.
We have a lot of experience using and dominating photo booths. And in the past we have just kept this in our large backpockets as our secret weapon. But really, we were just being selfish.
People have asked us, “Ladies, how do you manage to always look so good in a photo booths?!” And said things like, “You don’t even try and you look like total rockstars!” Or at least we know that’s what they want to say, but are just too intimidated.
So we have decided to give some of our best (un) solicited advice as to:
HOW TO LOOK AS GOOD AS US IN A PHOTO BOOTH
1. HAIR: fluff it, flick it, use it to hide double chins, zits, and other people who might try to steal your spotlight. True, you can crop them out later, but it’s easier if you just take care of it from the get go.
2. LIPS: we recommend “sexy time lips” (see Alison in picture 1) and “skinny time lips” (see Susan in picture 2). But basically you just want make sure they are doing something. Even if it’s giving orders to the other people in your picture. Also, you can never EVER go wrong with a REALLY big smile.
3. CHIN: The same principal works for your chin that works for your chest, the further you stick it out the better it will look.
4. EYES: You want to avoid “crazy eyes” at all cost. These are created by staring intensely at the camera with or without creepy thoughts. Closing your eyes makes it look like all your friends had to force you to be in the picture and that you are cooler than everyone else in it–this is a good thing. “Bright eyes!” can be achieved by thinking about the scene in Crazy Stupid Love when Ryan Gosling lifts Emma Stone above his head Dirty Dancing style.
5. BODY: Seriously, push your hips AWAY from the camera. Never stand FACE on, lean the front shoulder towards the camera. If you have the largest butt in the group don’t stand on the end. That’s a skinny girl’s “privilege” or punishment.
But probably the biggest reason behind our photo booth success is that we aren’t afraid to look stupid. Or sound stupid for that matter…and that is pretty much what makes us both rockstars. Or at least pretty fun to have around at your next party.
Remember, you’re fabulous and you shouldn’t hide it.
Love and Donuts,
Alison and Susan