1. Open laptop for the first time in 7 beautiful days. Still be sitting here ten and a half hours later getting caught up. Vacation. Totally worth it.
2. Be home to collect Benjamin’s passport from Canada Post. Two days earlier than expected. Thankful for Canada. For a lot of reasons this week. Like health care and the beautiful lack of armed neighbors…
3. Confirm rental car for road trip with the kids to Milwaukee in 8 days. Excited to see so many of my favorite people in one place. Prepare for hugs, high fives and laughing until I fall over. Because that’s what it’s all about.
4. Be thankful for iPads, cars that sync playlists and roadside coffee stops.
5. Check out which seats we have booked for our flight to Vancouver. Consider buying gift baskets for anyone sitting around myself and the three kids. Not because of them – they’re wonderful. I, myself, am a nervous, in-air, hot mess.
6. Print out documents for Nexus interview later in the week. Because airport lines can suck it.
7. Do some research for our new project, the UnPodcast. Topics on the list music and copyright, Vegas, crowd funding, platforming and social media, Vegas, why Alison is going to dominate Fantasy football this season, statistics that matter and how to use them, and Vegas. If you want to learn more or be notified when the UnPodcast goes live, just leave us a quick comment below. It’s gonna be awesome!!!!
8. Eat food before 4:30 pm.
9. Look for hotel near Disney Wonder launch for our Alaskan cruise, leaving Vancouver the day after we arrive. Say the words “our Disney Alaskan cruise” over and over in my head and wonder how I ever got this lucky. Consider how many suitcases we will need and already feel my eyes filling with tears, just thinking about how happy they will be.
10. Consider how many Ugg’s is too many to pack when visiting Alaska.
11. Spend some time looking at glaciers, whales and dogsledding pictures online. Because Cruise!!!
12. Start packing up books for the kids for our train trip home. Add some amazing new additions from Unicef Canada and our Canadian Kids Diaries. Because I want to make sure they look up. Read about their county and take in the sites on our four-day train ride home. That’s right. Four day, cross Canada train trip home from Vancouver to Toronto. Dream come true.
11. Start train song playlist. Some Casey Jones to start, little Homeward Bound, consider Loco-Motion…suggestions appreicated.
11. Be thankful. Say thank-you. Show thankfulness. And get ready to sit back, and watch the world go by.
That’s what I’m doing today.
This is going to be the first of a bunch of posts this summer about my adventure with three kids, by car, air, sea and rail.
Wanna come along for the ride? First stop, Milwaukee road trip. Music suggestions, route stops and other advice appreciated below.