Michelle Romo is a supremely talented artist. I’ve been following her on instagram for a long time, because everything that she posts makes me happy. When Michelle announced that she was doing a collaboration with WonderGround Gallery at Downtown Disney, I jumped with joy. Disney + Romo = Awesome. Yes, it’s true. Disney through Michelle Romo’s eyes is amazing. Since not all of you are local, I didn’t want you to miss the chance to see what Michelle created for the Gallery. If you are smitten, you can contact Michelle at Crowded Teeth.
BEST NEWS EVER! Leave a comment on this blog listing your favorite Disney/Romo mashup and why. We will randomly pick a winner who will get a signed Romo doodle. (official details at the bottom of this post!) How rad is that? AND! After the slideshow, stick around for a Q and A with Michelle.
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’26′
1. Mickey and Minnie 1 of 6Sure, you've seen pictures of Minnie and Mickey a million times. But seeing them through Michelle's eyes is beyond special.
2. Mickey and Minnie Redux 2 of 6Look closely!
3. Robin Hood 3 of 6True Love. It's hard to believe that this movie came out way back in the 70's.
4. Robin Hood Redux 4 of 6Check out the details. Michelle is so talented it hurts.
5. Snow White 5 of 6Snow White through Michelle's eyes is equal parts anime and aesthetic excellence. You had me at the apple, seriously.
6. Snow White Redux 6 of 6This original piece sold at Wonderland Gallery on opening night! That's the way the cookie, er, apple...ah, never mind.
Q. What does Disney mean to you as an artist?
It means magic and fun! Which is generally what I am trying to project into the universe with my artwork also!
Q. Favorite Disney movie as a kid? As an adult?
Sleeping Beauty for both! I don’t know why as a kid it was my favorite! It was a bit older, and I feel like I should have been more into the Disney movies coming out at the time (The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and The Beast). As an adult the art totally blows me away. It’s so pretty! The opening sequence is really awesome, and I the way the forests are drawn are beautiful. Maybe when I was little I just knew I wanted to make fancy drawings like that in the future.
Q. Tell me a little bit about this gallery opening and why you wanted to be involved.
This is my third showing at the Wonderground Gallery! It’s always a treat to be asked to be a part of the shows. I am lucky they keep asking me back.
Q. Can we expect more Disney related goodness from you in the future?
I don’t have any plans yet, but I hope so! You’ll just have to wait and see!
Q. Favorite Disney prince? Princess?
Prince – Aladdin – he’s a charmer. Princess - Aurora – that hair, and that voice!
THANK YOU!!!! Check out Crowded Teeth NOW! That’s an order.
about the giveaway:
1. To enter, leave a comment on the post below telling us about your favorite Michelle Romo/ Disney piece
2. Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
3. This Giveaway entry period starts on Wednesday, June 19th at 12:00:01 AM EST and ends on Wednesday, June 26th at 11:59:59 PM EST.
4. We will choose a potential winner in a random drawing on or about Thursday, June 27th and send notice to that person via email. If you are a potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 10 days of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Giveaway rules, then we will choose an alternate winner.
5. We will announce the winner here on or about Friday, June 28th at 12:00 PM EST.
6. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries. For more information, please see the full guidelines here.