Embrace your Curly Hair in Seven Easy StepsEva Glettner
It took me ages to embrace my curly hair. In high school, I distinctly remember using an iron to get my hair as straight as humanely possible. I tried traditional blow driers, treatments from various countries, and straightening gels to no avail. My hair didn’t want to pretend. It said “I’m curly, hear me roar.”
The trick to falling in love with your curls are great products that help each curl pop. Here’s the problem, the market is inundated with gels, masques and conditioners. Where do you even start? Find someone with beautiful curls and ask him or her to share secrets. Better yet, find a top Beverly Hills stylist who just happens to have curly hair, and ask him. Look how amazing my hair looks thanks to the legendary Arthur Viecco of Umberto fame and his fantastic partner, Elizabeth Reyes.
This is a random picture of me and some men at Blogher. But, check out the hair!!! That’s all Arthur.
What’s the secret? Arthur shared the trick to perfect curls in seven sweet steps:
1. Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask 1 of 7"The most important thing is to get to know your hair, understand it and become friendly with it," says Arthur. Arthur calls this an "intervention." If your hair lacks moisture, you want to get this product ASAP. Curly hair NEEDS moisture.
Find it at Moroccan Oil, $32.00.
2. Bumble and Bumble Deeep 2 of 7If your hair lacks moisture or bounce, you need this.
Find it at Sephora, $26.00
3. Umberto Keratin Mask 3 of 7Is your hair lacking strength? This will solve all of your problems.
Find it at Target, $9.99
4. Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Shampoo 4 of 7You don't have to wash your hair every night, but when you do, always brush your hair with a wide tooth comb while the hair is wet. The curl changes after it is combed.
Find it at Amazon, $9.39
5. Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner 5 of 7Apply the conditioner while your hair is very wet. You can rinse out excess moisture but leave the conditioner in "for a more natural look." Find it at Sleek Hair, $12.99.
6 Bumble and Bumble Curl Foam 6 of 7For a bouncy look, use this foam but make sure to apply it all over the hair and not just on the ends. Bend your hair forward and apply from ends to roots. Keep in mind that if you want dry hair, always use a diffuser but make sure that the hair is entirely dry, otherwise frizz will enter the picture. Find it at Apothica, $13.99.
7. Lavett and Chin Sea Salt Moisturizing Mist 7 of 7For a fabulous beach look, moisturize your scalp with a little coconut oil. Then spritz some of this spray. Finish off with a little texture cream and you are good to go. Find it at Lavett and Chin, $30.00