Gravity Falls is a seriously awesome show. Dipper and Mabel Pines are in for a real treat when their parents ship them away to Gravity Falls, Oregon. Under the “supervision” of their Great-Uncle Stan, aka “Grunkle.” My kids love watching this cartoon, but here’s the thing, I totally approve. Some cartoons can be absolutely maddening. Not so with Gravity Falls. Far from it! Want to know why?
1. Dipper Pines is one smart kid. But he’s a little bit too over-eager. So, he mellows out with pop music. I dig the contrast.
2. Mabel Pines loves vampires (even accidentally dated one!) and she wears her heart on her sleeve in the form of crazy fun embroidered sweaters. Even when everything around her seems to unravel, she’s ridiculously optimistic and happy.
3. Grunkle Stan is an entrepreneurial soul with some batty ideas, but at the end of the day, he’s all love. Plus, where does the hidden staircase lead? Plus, he wears a fez. That for sure gives him bonus points. A fez, people!!
4. Wendy Corduroy is Dipper’s crush and even though she’s hopelessly out of her league, she always sticks up for him. Plus, she’s a bit of a tomboy which is rad because she’s super popular, so breaking with convention is always welcome!
5. Soos is a Dude. Straight up. He’s helpful(-ish) and fun.