After Thanksgiving, the holidays tend to sneak up on you. If you haven’t done all your holiday shopping, don’t despair, especially if you need to shop for toys. Here are the best shopping strategies to get the toys you want for your kids without losing your sanity.
8 Holiday Toy Shopping Tips
- Make your gift list and carry it at all times with you. Write it in your smartphone’s to-do list app, send it to yourself in an email or simply print it out and carry it in your wallet.
- Shop when others aren’t. That means going to stores first thing in the morning, or in the evening. Avoid the weekends at all costs!
- Make the most of holiday hours. Malls and stores tend to have extended hours the 4 weeks before Christmas. Take advantage of them.
- Shop by yourself. Obviously you cannot buy gifts for your kids with your children in tow, but avoid shopping as a social activity. It might be more fun to go with a friend, but holiday shopping is more about efficiency than having a good time. When you have kids, you have to make the most out of every minute you have to get through your to-do list.
- Remember that the Internet can be your best friend for holiday shopping. Not only do you save time and can shop from home when your kids are sleeping, but you can also get free shipping and gift-wrapping. Just make sure the online retailer has a solid reputation and check the return policy. Don’t forget to check for any special promotional codes!
- Comparison shop. If you have an iPhone or an Android-based phone, download a free barcode scanning app and compare prices when you’re at a store. You might be surprised at the price differences in toys.
- Keep in mind that your child’s dream toy (such as the Hexbugs Battle Stadium) might be THE toy every kid wants for Christmas this year. That’s why you should shop as early in the season as you can. Have a plan B in case online stores or retailers close to you are out of stock.
- Worried about the price going down as Christmas approaches? Many retailers will do a one-time price adjustment for a specific time period (14 days seems to be a common policy) if you show your receipt.
Want this toy? You’re in luck! Every single day leading up to the holidays a blogger will be giving away a toy! Simply comment below for your chance to win a HexBugs Warriors Battle Zone Playset.
Do you know a deserving family, school, or charity this holiday season? We’re giving away one grand set of 20 toys from Target, including those mentioned in this post! To nominate, simply comment and tell us why you’ve selected them!
MORE ON BABBLE: