So while the rest of you are all, “Fall, Hooray, School Shopping, Newly-sharpened Pencils, Cooler Weather, Yay!”… we’re all, “Oh my God, it’s freaking hotter than ever, and now we have to get up earlier to sweat in carpool lines. Yay.” Also, there’s a lot of football. It’s shows up where you least expect it. Like everywhere. But less in a Tim Riggins way than in a four middle-aged dudes constantly yelling about it on TV way. Sadly.
1. As I may have mentioned, it’s still stupid hot y’all. 102 yesterday. I don’t even know what else to say about this. Just feel superior and move on with your day.
2. Perhaps it’s because our brains are all melting, but Jenny’s neighbors seem completely normal to me. The people in Texas are rad.
3. In a fit of lunacy, delusion and glass-half-fullness, I finally decided to plant things. Take that! And then everything caught on fire. Not at my house, thankfully. But all around us. It’s been Old-Testament tragic around here. And still no rain.
4. And speaking of No Rain, thanks to an Old Navy gift card, I bought some things for one little girl. I know it doesn’t even make a dent. But it’s something. And it was fun.
6. And in the midst of it all, I haven’t been posting on my blog as much because I’m in the middle of redoing it. (So I now have 22 posts ready to go on Monday. Party.) Actually, Laurie Smithwick is redesigning it. And she’ll be the first to tell you that the redesign has absolutely nothing to do with posting at all, and that I can still post just fine. I say I don’t want to post until it looks like candy. And next week, it’s going to look like candy.
You see, things are going to look better all around in October. Less dead. Less on fire. More candy. However, I think there will also be more football. I can feel it.
Here’s to October!