Proven Tips For Better SkinJeannette Kaplun
As the years go by, I have never stopped wanting better skin but stress, hormones, motherhood, sun damage and aging all conspire against that goal. In my quest to look as best as I can, I have asked numerous dermatologists and collected their top tips. In this video I’ve included the best advice I’ve received to improve my skin.
If you also want to have better skin follow these tips:
- Always remove your makeup. No matter how tired you are. You always need to clean your skin before bed. You can always rely on makeup remover wipes if you are really too tired (or lazy).
- Invest in a battery-operated face brush. I was skeptical at first but after trying out both the Clarisonic and the Olay brushes, I can honestly say they make a difference. Cleaner skin for me means less breakouts.
- Wear sun protection every day. Yes. Every. Single. Day. Rain or shine. Especially if it shines. Sun damage accumulates over the years and by the time you reach your late thirties or early forties it really makes a difference. Not only with wrinkles and fine lines, but also because your skin might have discoloration or differences in pigmentation due to past sun damage.
- Eat better. This means less sugar, more food rich in omega 3 oils such as salmon and vitamin-rich fresh produce.
- Clean your makeup brushes. We tend to forget that our brushes are in constant contact with our skin and if you don’t clean them regularly, imagine all the build up of your skin’s natural oils, old makeup and sometimes plain dirt.
If you have adult acne, you should also consult your doctor, because many times the cause lies in a hormonal balance that can be affecting other aspects of your health. Be patient and see if any changes you implement improve your skin in a few weeks.
MORE ON BABBLE: