When pondering the most defining moments of one’s marriage most couples tend to reflect on those big events like their wedding or the birth of their first child…even though both of those sacred events usually end up with someone crying, potential buckets of blood and/or at least one drunk family member. I still can’t shake that feeling of my friend’s drunk Uncle open mouth kissing me at her wedding for a $20 donation to an animal hospital. Truly. Beautiful. Moments.
Which makes me think it’s time Halloween gets its due as THE most romantic holiday of the year. Yes, that’s right….Ghouls, Goblins and true love.
There is just something about a couple in matching costumes that screams LOVE IS IN THE AIR.
So here is my top five reasons why you and your partner should ransack your closet and put together a costume to hit the streets this Halloween night:
- There is a reason why sports teams wear the same outfit. It inspires unity, togetherness and a “I got your back” attitude. Trust me , there will be something about your Captain and Tennille outfits that’s just going to make you think that Love is Gonna Keep you together.
- Having problems? Sure, sleep on it. That helps. But you know what helps more? Dressing up as Bert and Ernie. It’s ridiculous. You just can’t fight with someone who’s sporting those classic Bert eyebrows. Those eyebrows should be required dress code in divorce court.
- Your kids will love it. This is the 5th year of my family going in a family costume. Again, that team like sports psychology…which will one day crush me when they get old enough to not want to be a tiger to my Siegfried and Roy or refuse to wear an identical costume as their Momma. I’m crying just thinking about it. No really, it’s pathetic. I’m a Halloween Narcissist.
- It’s fun to make out in a costume. And for most of us, this only really happens once a year (if you’re lucky). If it happens more, I don’t want to know anything about it. But bravo to you and your committed role playing with costume and props! I guess.
- You know those moments when you catch your husband or wife’s gaze across a room? That magical moment when you lock eyes and hearts? Well imagine doing that in a ninja costume. Enough said.
So get out there and fall in love all over again. Just avoid large goofy eyeglasses, dressing as condiments and clown costumes. No one wants to see a couple of clowns make out. Sorry clowns.
And Facebook…like us there. Please like us?
Check out our pals from Babble Voices on – Facebook!
Check out other posts by Sam and Allana: