Before the kids go out for an evening of Halloween Fun, treat your guests to a tasty spread of snacks and finger foods. Make sure to use creepy garnishes and utilize clever serving techniques to create a spooktacular presentation. Try 3 of my favorites: Cheese Fingers, Sweet Potato Fries, and Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard Sauce.
Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 12 servings
Prep: 5 minutes, Bake: 20 minutes
2 (20-ounce) bags sweet potato julienne fries, Alexia®
1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place fries on baking sheets, and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 to 15 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
1 (9-ounce) bag mozzarella string cheese, Sargento®
1 (9-ounce) bag Cheddar string cheese, Sargento®
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Orange bell pepper
1. Cut string cheeses in half crosswise. Using a paring knife, carve a shallow area for the fingernail. Make the joint right below the nail, as well as the knuckle joint, by scoring tiny horizontal indentations in cheese.
2. For the fingernails, slice the olives or bell pepper into fingernail shapes. Apply dabs of cream cheese to secure the nails in the nail bed.
Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard Sauce
Makes 12 servings
Prep: 10 minutes, Bake: 12 minutes
2 (25.5-ounce) bags popcorn chicken, Any’tizers® Tyson®
1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned salt,
Honey Mustard Sauce (recipe follows)
Black plastic spider (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a single layer, arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Let cool on pan for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Serve with Honey Mustard Sauce. Garnish with spider, if desired.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
Prep: 5 minutes
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature before serving.
Sandra’s Babble will help you create the time to savor every minute.
Cheers to a happy, healthy home!
Get tons more recipes, decorating ideas, and more at SandraLee.com.