I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve pinned something to one of my Pinterest Boards and then completely forget about it. Occasionally though, a pin sticks in my head, and I can’t shake it loose until I attempt it. Heaven knows in doing this, I’ve had enough fails via attempting something from Pinterest to start a whole blog, but some people have already done that. Today isn’t about the fails — today I want to share with y’all my 5 favorite things that I’ve attempted and loved as a result of Pinterest.
- This pin via Foodie Crush taught me an amazingly simple way to peel/skin garlic — which considering that I use about 8 bulbs of garlic a week in my recipes — BOOM! Major time saver!
- I may not blog about Beauty, but I have an entire board dedicated to Beauty Tips and Tricks. Now that I am over 30 and spend a lot of time outdoors, I can use all the handy tips and tricks out there. For a couple of years now, I’ve been using Coconut Oil as a hair conditioner and loved the results. When Brittany posted her Coconut Oil Hair Conditioning Tutorial, I gave it a try, and my choirs of angels sang as my hair discovered a whole new level of softness and frizzlessnes heretofore unknown! Find the Pin Here.
- Once again with the beauty — I was absolutely fascinated when I saw these DIY Face Pore Strips with only 2 ingredients posted by Petit Elefant. I love those facial strips that you can buy in the beauty section of the grocery store, and I love feeling them off. This was fun to make, and like Alison said — my skin was soft as a newborn baby’s after peeling the 2-ingredient mask off. I feel obligated to add a bit of a caveat — if you have sensitive skin, let me add a word of caution: This didn’t hurt exactly, but I definitely knew that I was pulling something off my face. My skin was glowing and baby soft, but I advise staying away from the under eye area and eyebrows. I will be doing this again!!
image via Petit Elefant
- I love taking pictures and putting the tips and homework into effect that I learned from following this pin. Darcy’s 31 Days to a Better Photo has been one of the best things to come my way via Pinterest.
image via My 3 Boybarians
- These were the easiest Class Valentines I’ve ever made, the kids got so many compliments from classmates, teachers, parents, AND staff at their school — and it’s all thanks to Pinterest! Pinned Here. Original Post Here.
image via My 3 Monsters
Those are my current favorite things I’ve learned and loved from Pinterest.
Have you experienced any Pinterest Wins? I’d love to hear about them!