While reorganizing some documents this week, my jaw just about hit the ground when I glanced at my decade-old passport photo. Blonde hair? On my complexion? Um, probably not the best idea.
Of course, this discovery prompted me to browse through a box of old photos while simultaneously yelling, “Whhhhhhhhhhhyyyyy?” Good times, folks. Although my hair has seen many, many different shades over the past 20 or so years, it isn’t the only victim in regards to beauty blunders. Here are some other ones that I wish I could forget.
1. Brown lipstick – Oh 1992, you were such a fun year. Sure glad Seventeen told me to wear dark brown lipstick because chocolate chip-inspired goth is definitely a good look.
2. Overly-plucked eyebrows – 2012 Sarah would like to tell 1997 Sarah to put the tweezers down.
3. A random tattoo – I’m sure glad I took all of 35 seconds to pick a random butterfly design off the wall in a Kansas City tattoo parlor twenty years ago. I don’t even like butterflies, people. (And let me tell you, having it removed via laser has been a loooong process.)
4. Tanning beds – “But mom! Junior prom is in 12 days! MY SKIN MUST RESEMBLE A PENNY!” Barf.
5. Glitter eyeshadow – Now, I’m ALL for a dab of finely-milled shimmer once in awhile, but the eye shadow I wore in the early 2000s made me look like a disco ball. (Remember the crazy ones from Urban Decay?)
I know I’m forgetting many, but what would you consider your biggest beauty blunder? Do tell.