I told myself that when I became a mom of more than one child that I would never dress them alike. My mom did it to my sister and I when we were little and I didn’t like it at all. Quickly after Avery was born I threw that rule out of the window and dressed the girls alike on special occasions.
Now I’m totally going against my rule and find myself coordinating my outfits with them. I won’t completely wear the same thing as they are, but I will definitely try to coordinate in some way. Mother’s Day is a great holiday to dress like your little one. I searched far and wide on the internet for mother and daughter matching outfits for Mother’s Day. To my surprise, there was a lot that I fell in love with and so many outfits I can’t wait to buy. It’s hard to pick just one outfit for Sunday!
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 11 Ways to Spend Mother’s Day with Your Family
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 14th Month
- Spring’s Hottest Toys for Baby and Toddler
- 20 Gifts on my Mother’s Day Wish List
- Shared Spaces: A Look into Avery and Harlan’s Shared Nursery
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 13th Month
- 10 Urban Moms to Follow on Instagram
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Being Pregnant and Baby’s First Year.