I used to think that I’d be really overwhelmed by having two kids in the house. I stressed out about it all the time wondering how I was going to “do it all.” I was so focused on it that I forgot about the good times that would come with two kids. Watching my girls and their relationship as sisters is probably one of my favorite things about having two kids. I could stare and watch them for hours.
They have just started to argue with one another over toys and such. Although it’s hard trying to be fair and break it up between them, it’s also so funny to watch a 14 month old and a 3 year old get into it over something so mundane. It also reminds me a lot of the relationship that I have with my sister. But with those little spats, comes love and compassion for one another. They are the precious moments between sisters that I hope they cherish in their heart forever. I know I will.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 30 Boy Names for Girls
- 10 Mother and Daughter Matching Outfits for Mother’s Day
- 11 Ways to Spend Mother’s Day with Your Family
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 14th Month
- Spring’s Hottest Toys for Baby and Toddler
- 20 Gifts on my Mother’s Day Wish List
- Shared Spaces: A Look into Avery and Harlan’s Shared Nursery
- 10 Urban Moms to Follow on Instagram
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Being Pregnant and Baby’s First Year.