It’s so easy to put away the baby book after your baby has stopped reaching all of those first big milestones. Avery accomplished so much during her first year that I started to think to myself, what’s next? She was walking, said her first word, had her first tooth, what more “major millstones” could I expect from her?
As she’s gotten older, I’ve come to realize that it’s not the big milestones that should be our focus, it’s the little ones that come to surprise you the most. Avery turned 16-months-old last week and as she’s approaching a year and a half, she has become such a fun little girl. She is doing so much now, becoming her own little person. She’s so easy to have with and she’s so interactive.
Check out all of the things that she’s accomplished in the last month. Here are 10 things my 16-month-old loves to do.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 16 Stylish Babies to Follow on Instagram
- 5 Ways to Help Your Baby Stop Biting
- 15 Baby Book Apps to Document Baby’s Milestones
- Babble Blogger Favorites: Best New Strollers of Summer 2013
- 17 Sweet Sisterly Moments
- Taking Baby Berry Picking (PHOTOS)
- 12 Stylish Summer Sandals for Babies
- 12 New Must Have Baby Products
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Babble Baby.