With summer well underway in our house, I am surprised at how often we have been outside by the beach and the pool. While I love spending time outside by the water during these warm months, I am always worried about making sure that I protect my family from the sun’s harmful rays. Avery has very sensitive skin that burns easily, so I always make sure that she is very well covered.
Along with sunglasses and sunscreen, I also make sure to put her in a big floppy hat so that it protects her head and face. She doesn’t really like hats, but I’ve managed to distract her while I’m putting it on (and for those first five minutes!) so that she eventually forgets that it’s on. The straps on the big floppy sun hats help a lot too because they make it harder for her to take it off.
Because we are outside so often, I have made summer sun hats a part of Avery’s summer wardrobe. There are so many cute sun hats for babies, that she is sure to have great additions to her wardrobe this season!
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 6 Tips for a Successful Road Trip for a Baby Who Doesn’t Like the Car
- Dad Photoshops Baby into Funny Situations
- Bright and Sunny: 10 Sunglasses for Baby to Keep Them Protected
- 10 Ways for Dad and Baby to Spend Father’s Day
- 10 Items to Bring on an Airplane for Baby and Toddler
- 25 Personalized Father’s Day Gifts
- Fawn Shoppe: Stylish Clothes for Your Stylish Baby (GIVEAWAY)
- 12 New Must Have Baby Products
- Avery Goes to the Beach (PHOTOS)
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Babble Baby.