Mother’s Day is nearly a week away and although the day is about celebrating moms and not necessarily gifts, it is nice to receive a gift for ourselves once in a while. I hardly ever buy myself anything and when I do go shopping I end up buying stuff for the girls and leave empty handed with nothing for me.
A couple of weeks ago my husband asked what I wanted for Mother’s Day. Other than a nice day with my family, I had no idea what I really wanted. It’s been so long since I’ve sat down and thought about getting anything for myself. I immediately went searching on the internet for Mother’s Day gifts that I would love to receive on the special day that celebrates moms.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- Ditch the Baby Book and Display Baby’s First Year
- Shared Spaces: A Look into Avery and Harlan’s Shared Nursery
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 13th Month
- 10 Urban Moms to Follow on Instagram
- Best New Strollers: Spring 2013
- 10 Essentials for Traveling With Kids
- Avery’s Easter Weekend (PHOTOS)
- 5 Signs Your Baby Might Be Ready to Drop a Nap
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Being Pregnant and Baby’s First Year.