5 Baby Items I Wish Worked For MeNaomi Odes
Amid the thousands of baby tools and contraptions out there, everyone has their favorites. I’m here to show you some of the ones that just didn’t work for me, despite multiple trials or my extreme desire for them to work. Maybe you had some of the same issues, or different ones, but guaranteed everyone ends up with a pile of crap that is just taking up space. Let’s begin:
1. The Bumbo -The cutest lightest baby chair in the world is unfortunately not made for fat babies. For both my babies the seat would come right up with them when we picked them up. Comical? Yes. Practical? Not really. Also, the window for using the Bumbo is extremely slim. One day they’re falling over in it, the next day they are arching their backs to get out.
2. The Baby Bjorn-this quintessential baby carrier never felt right for either baby. Even though I like the fact that babies can face outward, I found the contraption to be really uncomfortable.
3. Shampoo Rinse Cup – I thought this item would be super practical since it was big and had an area to put on the baby’s forehead to prevent the water from going into his eyes. Too bad my kid refused to let me use it on his head at all, and when I tried, he moved his head so the water got in his eyes anyway. To this day it just sits on the tub filled with toys.
4. Shirt Dress – Tons of people told me this item would be really useful in the beginning. No zippers or snaps to deal with for changing baby in the middle of the night! Unfortunately, the ‘dress’ kept riding up on the baby’s legs and wasn’t really effective in keeping him warm. It also bunched up when I tried to swaddle him. These all went in the give-away pile.
5. The Woombie- A long time ago I tried this cool new swaddling tool. I thought it would be perfect for Fuzz. Fuzz didn’t think so. He was just super mad that he couldn’t get his arms out, and it didn’t make him sleep- it made him cry, and subsequently made me cry too.
What items worked for you? What didn’t?