We are staying in the city this Memorial Day weekend and plan on spending a lot of time outdoors. I love staying in the city on holiday weekends because most of the city dwellers leave for vacation leaving our neighborhood quaint and quiet, which is abnormal for New York City.
One of our outdoors plans this weekend is to take our weekly trip to Central Park for a picnic. Central Park has so many great places for a picnic. Just wide open spaces of green grass that are screaming for a family to set up a picnic to enjoy the scenery. There are so many things that I pack for our picnics in the park, but there are five things that I always bring for Avery.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 10 Adorable Swimsuits for Baby Girl
- 8 Things to do With Your Baby This Spring
- 10 Memorial Day Accessories for Baby Girl
- 15 Memorial Day Dresses for Baby Girl
- It’s the Little Things: 10 Mom Moments I’ll Cherish Forever
- 10 Precious Moments Between Sisters
- 30 Boy Names for Girls
- Spring’s Hottest Toys for Baby and Toddler
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Babble Baby.