I love my babies. Having them is a truly wonderful addition to my family, and I would never want to go back to life before Fuzz and Shnook entered the scene. However, there are some things I can’t help but miss about life in the ‘old’ days. Here is a short list of examples:
1. Leisure Time: Time to read a magazine. Time to give myself a pedicure, or even just clip my toenails after a shower. Time to put on make-up, or take a bath, etc. Really, time to do anything without rushing like a maniac. What does it say about life when cleaning the kitchen is actually a break from parenting, and I even have to rush when I’m doing that.
2. Spontaneity: Unless you call pulling into the El Pollo Loco drive-thru spontaneous, of course. Gone are the days when we could jump on a Southwest Flight to Vegas on a Friday afternoon. Granted, we only did that once, but still…
3. My Boobs: I’m actually surprised by this one. I’ve always had a contentious relationship with my boobs- i.e. they were always a bit on the big side, making many outfits (camisoles, backless and strapless dresses for example) off-limits or extremely challenging. Turns out, my pre-baby boobs were my were my ‘small’ boobs. Now I need bras that are bigger than those camisoles of yore.
4. Hobbies: My guitar is dusty. I haven’t been to a yoga class in months. That catalog from the community college with the Spanish classes circled? It’s 2 years old.
5. Sleep: Obvious, yes, but when I really sit down and think about the last time I had a full night of sleep, well, it’s just depressing. Even more depressing, is not knowing when a full night of sleep is coming!
What do you miss about your pre-baby life?