Let me be clear on this. Breastfeeding is not easy. I didn’t love it in the beginning, when it was HELLISHLY hard, and I don’t love it after three or four nightfeedings, but most of the time, it’s really fine.
Things I DO love about breastfeeding: I love the bonding time I get with my baby, and I love that I’m able to nourish him with my body.
Still, I find many of the habits that my baby exhibits, which may or may not be related to breastfeeding to be interesting, sometimes cute, but also often annoying. I’m pretty sure some of these are breastfeeding related, but others may just be Fuzz’s personality, or maybe all babies do this stuff?
Here are some of the things he does:
1. Overzealous behavior when boob is near- right before a feeding, Fuzz gets really excited.
2. Sudden interest when food is ‘put away’- Why is it that he looks around the room when my boob is fully exposed, and so I put it away, and he instantly wants it again!? It’s like he just wants to know it’s there or something.
3. Disrobing/exposing mom in public places- He wants what he wants, when he wants it.
4. Nipple Tweaking- “Don’t play with your food, Fuzzball!”
5. Hickies. Everywhere.
6. Uncanny ability to sleep and eat at the same time… until the boob is removed- then he’s magically wide awake.
**7. I Can’t believe I forgot this one! Throat grabbing- @Julie reminded me that often when Fuzz is nursing, he will reach up to my throat and squeeze as if he’s trying to strangle me, or prime me for a vampire bite…
Does your baby do any of these? Or do you have any to add?