Looking through photos of the past 7 months I was taken back by how much Little Bean has grown. You really take it for granted day-by-day but the photos remind you how much he’s really grown.
Developmentally he’s seems right on target. According to Babble’s Baby Care Guide there are 9 things to expect in the 7 month.
1. Coo or babble, even if he or she hasn’t formed words yet
We’re not even close to words but he does love to make throat sounds and has been figuring out the raspberry.
2. Combine vowels and consonants to sound like actual words like “gaga” or “dada”
I’ve heard a “gagagaga” a few days ago!
3. Smile while interacting
While interacting? HA! The kid smiles continuously. He’s so naturally happy!
4. Sit without support
Not quite yet but getting better!
5. Start engaging with toys — reaching, searching and crying when a toy is taken away
He’s obsessed with those rings that connect together right now and boy does he get upset when you take something away from him.
6. Recognize and turn in the direction of a voice
When he FEELS like it. I believe he’s already learned the art of ignoring.
7. Start becoming mobile, whether it’s by rolling, squirming, creeping backwards or even crawling
He’s quite a roller but no forward or backward conscious movement quite yet.
8. Cut a first tooth, if he or she hasn’t already
Still waiting. He was drooling like a crazy a few days ago and mega grumpy but no teeth.
9. Have better control of his or her hands, whether it’s simply picking up an object or passing the object from one hand to the other
He gets betting every day. it’s amazing!