A day at the beach takes on an entirely new meaning when you have a baby. No more laying out in the sun and enjoying the cool breeze from the ocean. Now your time is spent playing with your little one and watching them enjoy all of the great things that the beach has to offer. Although you can’t relax as much as you did before the baby, the beach is still just as fun… if not more!
We spend most of our summers visiting the beach and I love to watch how the girls react to the sand and saltwater year after year. After numerous trips, I have finally figured out how to successfully keep the little ones entertained, while still having fun and relaxing myself. There are many things that have worked for my family during our beach days, especially when it comes to helping the girls become less fearful along the way.
Check out my tips for taking baby to the beach!
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 12 Stylish Summer Sandals for Babies
- 12 Cute Sun Hats for Babies
- 6 Tips for a Successful Road Trip for a Baby Who Doesn’t Like the Car
- Dad Photoshops Baby into Funny Situations
- Bright and Sunny: 10 Sunglasses for Baby to Keep Them Protected
- 10 Ways for Dad and Baby to Spend Father’s Day
- 10 Items to Bring on an Airplane for Baby and Toddler
- 25 Personalized Father’s Day Gifts
- 12 New Must Have Baby Products
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Babble Baby.