Harlan has just gotten to the age where I can take her to the movie theater to watch a movie. A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I took her out on a date to see the movie Monsters University. Although this wasn’t her first time at the theater, I always get nervous taking someone her age because it can definitely be unpredictable. We sat through the movie and laughed the entire time. She loved it.
When I told her that she could invite her friends over for a Monsters University party, she was so excited. With two little ones running around, along with a full time job, I don’t have a lot of time to plan and get ready for a party. Thankfully Target took much of the worry and preparation from me and provided everything for a scary good time. Harlan went shopping with me and had a blast picking out the Monsters University snacks, juice, and decorations.
Take a peek at our Monsters University party and find out how you can throw one of your own!
Monsters University Party 1 of 16
Click through for a peek into our Monsters University party.
Ready to go! 2 of 16
Although small, we couldn't wait to have Harlan's friends over to have some scary good fun!
Garland 3 of 16
I used some of the girl's construction paper and traced out circles then put some baker's twine through each of them. It was an easy way to add a little bit of color above the table.
Accessories 4 of 16
All of the cutlery was purchased at Target in the party section. I was so happy with the way that the colors turned out. Perfect Monsters U themed.
Color Coordinated 5 of 16
It's weird for me to do something other than pink or purple (with two girls in the house that's all they want) but this theme fit perfectly for both genders and everyone loved it!
Snacks for Everyone 6 of 16
I love all of the Monsters University snacks available. It made it very easy for me to prepare for the party.
Cupcakes 7 of 16
I wanted an easy craft for the kids that they would have fun making and eating. I thought of these cupcakes while wandering the aisles of Target. I mixed green and yellow food coloring to get the neon green look and just used vanilla frosting, blue gel, and Hershey's chocolates for the eyeball. I only made a couple as examples so that the kids could see what they were supposed to look like.
Cupcake Time 8 of 16
I baked cupcakes the night before and put little stations for each child so they could make their own Mike Wazowski cupcake.
Making the Eyeball 9 of 16
I've never decorated cupcakes with a group of kids before but I was surprised at how well they did. They tried to make it look exactly like the one that I made. It was perfect to have the examples in front of them to go by.
Monsters U Pennants 10 of 16
I bought some blue poster board at Target and traced out a pennant. I let the kids decorate their very own Monsters University pennants to take home and hang in their room.
Be Your Own Artist 11 of 16
I helped Harlan draw them M and she took care of the rest!
Color Away 12 of 16
Because everyone love a good art project.
Dress Up 13 of 16
I was so happy that some of her friends came dressed for the occasion. They even got this cool gear from Target!
Macaroni and Cheese Time 14 of 16
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese has adorable Monsters University shaped noodles. The kids couldn't wait to dive into the cheesy goodness.
Drink Up 15 of 16
I don't know what it is, but kids love a striped straw in a big cup.
Gummies 16 of 16
Target has so many Monsters University snacks available, there was something for everyone to eat.
Want to throw a party of your own? You have a chance to win a Monsters University ScreamStakes #MUScreamStakes Giveaway from Target! One winner will scare up a prize pack from Disney and Target worth over $185.00 ARV.
Prize pack includes:
- “Property of MU” 4-Piece Toddler Bedding Set $38.99
- See Spot Save Monsters University Dish Collection by Zak $1 each
- Peel and Stick Wall Decals $15.99
- Monster’s University Toddler Boys’ Apparel (Shorts and Tee in 5T) $10.00-11.00
- Sully Lunch Bag $5.99
- Sully Silly Straw
- Monsters Inc. Blu-Ray/DVD $45.99
- $50 Target Gift Card
The fine print:
1. To enter, leave a comment on the post below telling us about your own Monsters University party ideas or your favorite product from Target.com/Disney!
2. Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
3. This Giveaway entry period starts on Wednesday, July 3rd at 12:00:01 AM EST and ends on Wednesday, July 10th at 11:59:59 PM EST.
4. We will choose a potential winner in a random drawing on or about Thursday, July 11th and send notice to that person via email. If you are a potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 24 hours of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Giveaway rules, then we will choose an alternate winner.
5. We will announce the winner here on or about Friday, July 12th at 12:00 PM EST.
6. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.