We made it to one month-old, without Mommy losing her sanity and ending up in a white padded room which was my first initial reaction when learning we were expecting our third child in four years.
Yesterday, May 30th, marked Addies one month birthday and boy were we busy with a mass amount of fun Memorial Day activities! I really wanted to write her recap on the 30th, but I promise next month I will totally get it up on time.
Some of some fun Addie facts:
- Addie is now 20 inches, up a whole half inch since she was born
- She is now a whole 7 pounds 6 ounces, up from 5 pounds 12 ounces at birth… Breast milk works wonders, at least this time around!
- She sleeps better than either of our sons ever did! 4 to 5 hour stretches at night, sometimes even 6 hours which makes Mommy super happy, especially with a 2 year old that gets up earlier than most humans like to get up.
- She is starting to stay awake in longer stretches, an hour here and there, although her favorite thing is still to sleep.
- She holds her head up for 5-15 seconds at a time, and tries to do it all the time. I have a feeling she is going to be sitting up, crawling, and doing everything a lot earlier than the boys did.
- Her favorite songs include tunes by The Beach Boys, Kenny Chesney, and Pitbull.
- Addie is still fully in newborn clothes, although she has grown out of one of her newborn dresses.
Now? A couple pictures from the last month:
Lets hope that our second month is as great as the first month was!
Can you relate? Irrational Fears on Early Parenthood