It’s hard to believe that a month has passed since I welcomed my second little girl into the world. I think this month has gone by considerably faster than with my first, probably due to the fact that I am running around after a toddler.
This month has been full of love, laughter, and of course some sleepless nights. Avery has such a great disposition and is the sweetest little girl. She’s very easy going and is not much of a crier (thank goodness.)
I wasn’t very good at documenting my first daughter’s pictures or milestones month by month, so I told myself that this time around I am going to do much better.
Month One Fun Facts:
- She weighs 8.2 lbs and is up two pounds from her birth weight. (25th percentile)
- She is 20.5 inches and is two inches longer than she was at birth. (50th percentile)
- She does not like sleeping in her co-sleeper and would much rather sleep on my chest.
- She’s a great eater and loves to nurse.
- Her swing is one of her favorite things and will help soothe her in almost any situation.
- Her longest night of sleep was 5 hours. (She was two weeks old and she hasn’t done it since)
- She sleeps an average of 4 hours a night at a time. (So much better than her sister was)
- She loves going for walks in her stroller and will sleep through all of the loud sounds that the NYC streets have to offer.
- She loves the make noises and grunt. I’ve never met a baby that is so vocal at such a young age.
- She loves to sleep with her hands by her head.
- She does not like to be swaddled.
With my phone next to me all the time, I’ve taken so many pictures of Avery over the past month. Check out some of my favorites:
Sisters 1 of 11This is one of the first pictures we captured with my daughter, Harlan, meeting Avery. It was love at first sight and my heart just melted.
Hospital Mini Photo Shoot 2 of 11She was only two days old in this picture. I was bored in the hospital and took some pictures of her while she was sleeping. I love the look on her face.
Smile! 3 of 11This was the first smile I caught on camera. She was only five days old. Granted it was a gassy smile, it is still one of the cutest things ever.
One Week Old 4 of 11The first week went by so fast and by that time she was already back up to her birth weight and grew an inch!
Sleepy Girl 5 of 11I forgot how much newborns sleep. Besides eating, this is how she spent most of her first month.
Funny Face 6 of 11I caught this funny moment on camera and thought it was too cute not to share. I love all of the funny faces she makes, even though she has no clue what she is doing.
Bright Eyed 7 of 11One of the few times she was awake and bright eyed. I love to talk to her when she is awake. It's such a special bonding time.
Cuddle Time With Big Sis 8 of 11One of Harlan's favorite things to do is to hold Avery. Avery doesn't seem to mind and I hope that continues because I love seeing them together.
Loves Her Swing 9 of 11Our swing has been a lifesaver at many points during the first month. It helps soothe her and helps me get some sleep on those long nights.
Morning Cuddle Time 10 of 11In the morning while my husband is so lovingly watching Harlan, Avery and I get a chance to sleep, relax, and cuddle. I love this time I get to spend with her.
Her Sleeping Position 11 of 11She loves to sleep with her hands at her face. We noticed in the womb she always had them at her face when we saw her on the ultrasound. We have to swaddle her from the arms down because she has to have her hands by her face.