Avery turned four months yesterday. What a whirlwind this last month has been. My great sleeper had a bit of a rough patch this month and had a major regression. She went from taking two naps a day to not wanting to take any at all. Our nighttime routine of sleeping 10-11 hours went down to 2-3 hour stretches. The good news is that I think we are finally over that and getting back into our normal routine, but it sure did throw me for a loop.
I shared my favorite photos of her from her fourth month the other day. She’s grown into such a fun and energetic little girl.
I’ve compiled some of the fun and exciting things that Avery has done over the past month. I love to do this each month (here’s month one, month two, and month three) so I can document how she is growing.
Check out some of her fun facts from the month after the jump!
Month Four Fun Facts:
- She weighs 11 lbs 8 oz (gained a little bit less than a pound)
- She is 23.25 inches in height (we realized at today’s appointment that whoever measured her at the last appointment over-measured her, because according to today’s height she would have shrunk.)
- She has gone back to preferring to sleeping in her swing rather than her bassinet. It’s a habit I hope to break during month 5!
- She learned a way to avoid tummy time by rolling over from her tummy to her back. She’s almost learned how to roll from her back to her stomach.
- You must keep your hand on her at all times when she is up high because she has turned into a big squirmer.
- We have had a big teething month. Everything that she touches she wants to put in her mouth. Still a big drooler. (Although the amber necklace has helped with that a lot!)
- She learned to laugh this month. She has the cutest laugh and will squeal right after she does it.
- She’s learned to mimic me when she squeals. I don’t know if she is doing it on purpose but we will go back and forth squealing at one another.
- She loves a good game of peek-a-boo. It will have her laughing for a while!
- She loves having dance parties with her little sister. All four of us put music on at night and dance around. Avery is always smiling when we dance.
- She loves her excersaucer and loves to jump up and down in it.
- She is still so in love with her sister and could watch her all day long.
I can’t wait to see what milestones month five brings!
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year: