8 months old
You’ve come a long way since those first gurgling sounds and spastic movements, as your little one is now a curious, adventurous, almost-on-the-move baby. The developmental and lifestyle changes have been monumental over the past eight months, and we’re sure you have even more questions as your baby starts preparing for toddlerhood.
Baby’s Health + Well-Being
You’re a pro at navigating doctor’s appointments, spotting cold symptoms and quickly performing one-handed diaper changes, but how do you keep your fast-developing child happy and safe? Here are some things you might be concerned about this month:
- Signing with your baby: Why baby signs might help lessen your baby’s frustrations and tantrums. Plus, it’s easier than you think.
- Childproofing with a crawler: As your baby gains more mobility, it’s time to get on your childproofing game.
Feeding + Nutrition
Breastfeeding problems ironed out? Check. Bottle-feeding down pat? Check. Introducing solid foods? Check. On to the next development in your child’s feeding habits:
Wasn’t it only yesterday that your little one was up every two hours? You’ve been through a lot of sleep changes in such a short amount of time, and although you might be getting more shut eye these days, there are certainly new hurdles to jump:
- Disruptions to sleep patterns: Time change, traveling and sickness
- Crib safety: Keep your growing baby safe and secure
Mom’s Health + Well-Being
Whether you’re back at work or home with your baby, the never-ending routine of parenting can seem a bit lonely at times – especially if your pre-baby friends are still living your very different pre-baby lifestyle. Whether you want to revive your old relationships or look for new mom-centered ones, here’s what you need to know:
- Maintaining your friendships: How to manage old friendships in a new lifestyle
- Finding mom friends: Strategies, tactics and resources
Development and Milestones
Your baby has gone from absorbing his surroundings to actively engaging in it, with new laughs and discoveries every day. It’s a fascinating time to watch your baby’s personality and awareness develop, and there are certain activities you can do to encourage your baby’s natural curiosities: