Superbowl xlv will probably not be watched in my house. We’re just not football fans, but my good friend Jamie and husband are SERIOUS Steeler fans. When I say serious, I mean the following:
- When Jamie was pregnant, before they knew the sex they called the fetus: “Rashard.” in honor of injured Pittsburgh rookie Rashard Mendenhall. After learning it was a girl, they renamed her “Lulu Rashard.” Apparently, this Rashard fellow is now “TOTALLY kicking butt!”
- They lived in Los Angeles for the last few football seasons and had to purchase some special football channel on cable in order to catch all the Steeler Games. Now they are back in Jamie’s native Pennsylvania (phew, just in time).
- Jamie’s facebook status updates, a random sampling:
Yesterday: Jamie should probably be embarrassed to admit that the migraine she’s been suffering through for most of the day is probably super bowl related stress, huh?
Today: Jamie LOVES FACEBOOK ON SUPER STEELER BOWL DAY even more than on regular days and here’s the best thing I’ve seen yet: 4+1+2 = SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Their daughter, Nora G, has gone through babyhood with many outfits containing Steelers colors and the Steelers logo, as she is pictured here.
- Considering Nora G ‘watched’ the last Steelers’ Superbowl when she was a zygote, it’s natural that she’d be a Steelers fan from the get-go. Now, at 18 months old, Nora G can say “Here We Go Steelers!” and “Touchdown!” and identify Troy Polamalu (someone I had to google) who she calls “Malu Malu.”
- Jamie’s biggest fear is that Nora will have to go to bed before anything good happens in the game, which will be very upsetting for the whole Steeler Fan-mily.
To see more about Nora G and her football love- check out Jamie’s blog!
Are you football fans? Will this be your baby’s first superbowl? Which is your team?