It’s blueberry season! If you are a fan, now’s the time to start picking. Blueberries start ripening in May and continue through September.
Despite the 108 degree weather here in Texas, we successfully made the journey with 4 kids to a blueberry patch a few hours outside of Dallas in a little town called Edon. Despite the heat, we spent a good 2 hours wading thru the fields picking blueberries. All the kids had a great time, and even baby Zeke got involved in picking.
Zeke is a huge fan of blueberries. Blueberries are a super food, full of fiber and vitamin C – definitely a good addition to you and your baby’s diet.
Ideas for Blueberries and Baby
- Chop blueberries in half and feed to baby.
- Puree and make baby food.
- Smoothies (mix with bananas – yum!)
- Blueberry pancakes (even my toothless baby can eat these)
Here is a great resource if you are looking for blueberry patches in your area (or any other type of fruit/vegetable): pickyourown.org
Is Your Baby a Blueberry Fan?
More Babbles from Molly:
- 15 Amazing Playrooms
- 20 Weird and Interesting Facts About Babies
- Best Summer Baby Pins on Pinterest
- Mom Walks in On Grandma Breastfeeding Baby