Having 2 babies close together in age requires a good double stroller. Especially when you have a baby in an infant carrier and another child who isn’t hold enough to stay next to your side at all times.
Our third and fourth kids are 16 months apart. Transporting these boys in public is near impossible unless I am wearing the baby and holding the toddler’s hand. (The toddler doesn’t believe in holding hands.)
After researching and testing numerous double strollers, we settled on the Britax B-Ready Stroller.
The Britax B-Ready is a modular stroller. It can configure to over 14 different configurations (if you have the right parts!).
- The multiple configurations are great. If I just have 1 kid, the stroller acts as a singular.
- It’s GREEN! (Well mine is.)
- It’s not overly huge compared to double strollers of the past.
- The stroller handles well.
- When using the top seat, you can reverse the position so the baby faces you.
- The handle height is easily adjustable.
- Overall weight and size is very reasonable.
- The stroller is compatible with several infant carriers, not just the Britax Chaperone.
- The B-Ready is well made! I can’t tell you how many times it’s fallen out the back of my car when I open the back gate!
- There is a learning curve to opening closing and placing the second seat in.
- The wheels are a wee bit wide. I can make it through doors but I am constantly hitting something.
- Taking the baby infant carrier out of the stroller is wonky.
- The base price is $499. You can find it on sale, but wish it was cheaper!
- The add-ons can get pricey.
We ended up purchasing the Britax B-Ready double stroller on Amazon. The deal with Amazon is not only is there no tax (well for us Texans and a majority of other state) – shipping is free and the price was much cheaper than retail outlets. Amazon offers a 365-day return policy on most baby items that they ship. Plus Amazon had a fabulous price compared to other sites.
Amazon currently has a deal through January 31, 2012 – if you purchase a pink Britax B-Ready stoller, you will get a free footmuff, cup holder and extra seat! Check out the B-Ready on Amazon. (referral link)
What Double Stroller Do You Use?
Still undecided? Check out Babble’s stroller-buying guide!