Previous Post Next Post

Baby

Brought to you by

Create an Emergency Diaper Kit for the Car

By emily |

I would say that around 75% of the time, I leave the house with a well stocked diaper bag.  The other 25% of the time, I find myself ill-prepared for situations I get myself and my children in.

I find this especially true during the warmer months, when we’re spending more time at splash pads, playgrounds, and the zoo.

A couple of months ago, I got completely fed up with my lack of diaper bag planning, I spent a few minutes creating a small, bare bones emergency kit to keep in the back of my minivan.

This kit is not a substitute for my diaper bag, just added security to ease my mind that I’m not leaving the house without the essentials.

My emergency car kit:nggallery id=’113238′

/
Creating an Emergency Diaper Kit for the Car

The Kit

I keep my emergency diaper essentials kit in the trunk area of my minivan.

This is a bare bones kit you can build upon. Other things that would make a great addition to the kit might be a couple unopened bottles of water, a $5 bill and some spare change, and maybe even an extra t-shirt for yourself. You know, just in case…
Do you have an emergency kit in your car? What items do you keep close?

A big thanks to Huggies for sponsoring this campaign. Click here to see more of the discussion.

Find more Emily on her blog, twitter, Pinterest, and facebook.

More on Babble

About emily

emily

emily

Emily Elling is a corporate interior designer and freelance writer. She lives in Indianapolis with her husband and four unintentionally hilarious children. Emily also blogs at her personal blog, DesignHER Momma. Read bio and latest posts → Read emily's latest posts →

« Go back to Baby

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, profile photo and other personal information you make public on Facebook (e.g., school, work, current city, age) will appear with your comment. Comments, together with personal information accompanying them, may be used on Babble.com and other Babble media platforms. Learn More.

5 thoughts on “Create an Emergency Diaper Kit for the Car

  1. caseymullins says:

    TWEEZERS. Just sayin’.

  2. Happysahm2010 says:

    In addition, I keep a small sprayer of neosporin to go, a cheap pair of driving sunglasses (ones so cheap and prob not cute that I would never wear outside the car, but SO glad to have when I forget or temp misplace my nice ones as that’s the day you end up spending driving into the sun the whole day!), a travel size febreeze bottle, tampons and Benadryl (for possible allergic rxns you might witness or encounter new ones in your kids on the go). Kinda overkill but as hubby is a dr we are over aware of the too many scary scenarios that can occur but are easily remedied by benedryl :-) my sis has a severe allergy too, and sometimes doesn’t keep her epipen in her purse :)

  3. Just Heather says:

    I keep a similar kit in my car, though we’ve long outgrown the need for diapers. The extra socks (especially for emergency bounce house stops!) and parking money have saved us more than once.

  4. Danielle Smith says:

    Such a smart idea – as my kids have gotten older, I have found emergency kits of all kinds are the very best things to have in the car. Everything from bandaids to blankets to extra coats….. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself away from home and in need of something ‘small people related’ :)

  5. SunnyChanel says:

    Such a good idea! I sadly did not realize this brilliance when I was still diapering my daughter. I got stuck on more than one occasion have been caught without the things I needed for diaper changing…oh if I knew then what i knew now! Let’s hope others take a your awesome advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.

Previous Post Next Post

The Daily Babble