A lot can happen over the course of eight years and four kids worth of parenting. The mundane day-to-day things I used to worry about when I had my first baby don’t even register on my radar now as something to even concern myself with as a 4th time mom.
Looking back, I think I sweated the small stuff for two reasons.
1. I was a younger mom (26 years old), and lacked confidences as a parent. I had never been responsible for a baby before, how the heck was I suppose to know the right way to care for a baby?
2. I had time to obsess. When I became a mother, I quit my 70 hour a week job as a corporate interior designer to focus completely on my new baby. To say that it took time to adjust to the pace of my new life would be a gross understatement. I had time on my hands, which meant that I started to obsess about each and every parenting decision I was making.
Looking back, so much has changed. I’m a completely different mother than I was when my journey began eight ago.
9 things I use to obsess about with #1, but don’t with #4:
How about you? What are things you obsessed about with #1 that you don’t give a second though to anymore?
More Babbling from Emily…
- Paul’s 5th month in Snapshots
- Paul’s First Trip to the Beach
- Creating an Emergency Diaper Kit for the Car
MORE ON BABBLE:
25 powerful photos of women giving birth
Extreme breastfeeding! 19 photos of women nursing in outrageous places
25 baby brands every mom should know about
8 things I never thought I’d say… until I became a mom
25 things NOT to do with your baby