I'm Taking a Baby to Disney World, and Need Your Adviceemily
It will be the first time our family of six has ever experienced anything Disney, outside of going to the latest movie, or visiting the Disney store in the mall.
We’re Disney newbs, and aren’t ashamed to admit it.
My husband and I decided that this year would be a good time to make the pilgrimage south, considering my oldest two daughters are currently in the height of their fanatic princess phase. So we’re striking while the magic is hot, trying to get the biggest bang for our buck, so to speak.
Michael and I are excited and also beyond terrified. We’re diving head first (or should I say driving 18 hours straight in a minivan with 4 kids, one of which is a baby) into a trip we haven’t researched much.
Our planning has consisted of approximately three things:
1. We set a date for our vacation, and have asked off from both work and school.
2. We’ve rented a lovely house (with a pool!) for the week. Very close to the parks and attractions.
3. And we bought The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, which supposedly should make us immediate Disney experts.
4. Oh, and just yesterday I went to Target and picked up a few Disney movies for the looooong car ride, along with a Mickey Mouse tee for Paul.
It’s a start, right?
Admitting how woefully unprepared we are for this trip makes my anxiety skyrocket. The reality of it is, life around here is busy, and just haven’t had much time to sit down and research this vacation properly.
So I’m asking for any and all of your Disney advice. I don’t care if you were there once 20 years ago, or have a well worn season pass. If you have any experience at all navigating the Magic Kingdom with children, you’re an expert compared to me.
Recap: four young children, one of which is a baby, two adults, one week at Disney. GO!
What do I need to know? I need your “must-sees and not-to-be missed” suggestions. How can I make this the best trip of my kids lives, without losing my mind in the journey?
More Babbling from Emily…
- 7th Month, in Snapshots
- 10 Must Have Etsy Football Finds for Baby.
- 10 Baby Products Every Grandma Should Own.
- 7 Ways We’re Reducing the Risk of SIDS.