When my oldest daughter, Harlan, was born I made sure to write down every single milestone that she made. They were a big deal and I wanted to be able to look back and remember exactly when and where she did them. As time went on I began to realize that it was much more than the big milestones that I needed to pay attention to. There were little moments that meant just as much to me as the big ones and I wanted to remember those forever as well.
As Mother’s Day approaches this weekend, I took a look back at some of my older photos to see those little moments that mean so much to me. It’s the little things that they do that I will never forget.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 10 Precious Moments Between Sisters
- 30 Boy Names for Girls
- 10 Mother and Daughter Matching Outfits for Mother’s Day
- 11 Ways to Spend Mother’s Day with Your Family
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 14th Month
- Spring’s Hottest Toys for Baby and Toddler
- 20 Gifts on my Mother’s Day Wish List
- Shared Spaces: A Look into Avery and Harlan’s Shared Nursery
- 10 Urban Moms to Follow on Instagram
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Being Pregnant and Baby’s First Year.