As a mom, Mother’s Day is a special day for me. Not because it’s a day to gush over mom, but because I can celebrate my family that helped make me a mom.
Mother’s Day seems to get better and better each year. Harlan is now old enough that she realizes what the day is all about and she loves to get involved and make my day extra special. Although Avery had no idea what the day was all about, Harlan tried to get her involved in everything and she was so happy to help her big sister out.
We spent my Mother’s Day exactly like I wanted to. Although Avery gave everyone in the apartment a 5am wake up call, my husband promptly took over and took her into the living room so that Harlan and I could cuddle up in bed and sleep in. I spent most of the morning enjoying the luxuries of breakfast in bed and the afternoon in one of my favorite spots in the city. My Mother’s Day couldn’t have been any better!
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- It’s the Little Things: 10 Mom Moments I’ll Cherish Forever
- 10 Precious Moments Between Sisters
- 30 Boy Names for Girls
- 10 Mother and Daughter Matching Outfits for Mother’s Day
- 11 Ways to Spend Mother’s Day with Your Family
- My Favorite Photos from Avery’s 14th Month
- Spring’s Hottest Toys for Baby and Toddler
- 20 Gifts on my Mother’s Day Wish List
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Being Pregnant and Baby’s First Year.