After a long legal battle, Baby Matters LLC, has announced a voluntary recall of all models of the Nap Nanny and the Nap Nanny Chill. This recall is part of a settlement in response to a legal filing by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) which asked for mandatory recall on all of the Nap Nanny products in December 2012. This announcement is the first time that Baby Matters LLC has recalled the product. The recall will end the legal proceedings between the CPSC and Baby Matters LLC.
The Nap Nanny, an infant recliner that was made to increase baby’s comfort while sleeping, was to blame for at least 92 incidents and five deaths since 2009. Last year, many major retailers of the product issued a voluntary recall of any Nap Nannies that were sold in their stores and were giving their customers a full refund for the return of the product.
The CPSC asks for anyone that owns the product to stop using it and get rid of it immediately. Baby Matters LLC is no longer a company, so they are not issuing any refunds. If you purchased and Nap Nanny products from a major retailer, check with them to see if they will issue you a refund for the product.
The company’s founder, Leslie Gudel, said in a statement, “I am happy to put this issue behind me. It is very disappointing that we had to stop short in our fight. But it was time to move on.”
Please visit the CPSC’s website for more details on the recall.
More from Lauren on Baby’s First Year:
- 6 Tips for a Successful Road Trip for a Baby Who Doesn’t Like the Car
- Dad Photoshops Baby into Funny Situations
- Bright and Sunny: 10 Sunglasses for Baby to Keep Them Protected
- 10 Ways for Dad and Baby to Spend Father’s Day
- 10 Items to Bring on an Airplane for Baby and Toddler
- 25 Personalized Father’s Day Gifts
- Fawn Shoppe: Stylish Clothes for Your Stylish Baby (GIVEAWAY)
- 12 New Must Have Baby Products
- Avery Goes to the Beach (PHOTOS)
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! Check out more of Lauren’s Babble posts at Babble Baby.