New iPhone - Mommy Wants, but does Mommy Need?Molly Thornberg
So yeah, the new iPhone 4S was just announced today and well, this mommy who loves all things Apple wants the new iPhone. So I am all giddy about this stupid phone that hasn’t even hit the market yet. Because, folks — I’m a geek.
Some people aren’t impressed with the hype, or what have you — but after hearing about the snazzy new 8 megapixel camera that the new iPhone will have? count me in. (And a list of other reasons mommy wants the new iPhone.)
But this is when reality gives me a big SLAP in the face.
Mommy WANTS the New iPhone — but does Mommy NEED the New iPhone?
- We have four children to feed and clothe.
- Our fence fell down, again. And when we replaced it, a gas line was hit. SO … ca-ching.
- That cute baby we just had? He came with a not cute hospital bill.
- The downstairs A/C has issues.
- Our oldest kid will soon need braces.
- Christmas is around the corner.
- Aren’t we in a recession?
- We live in Texas and the crazy 100+ degree days has shot our last electric bill up to an ungodly amount.
And that’s just the start of it. (If you see me, please excuse my hair. I know it needs a touch-up)
Gone are the days of impulse purchases. Hello, thinking about others that you are responsible for.
Mommy wants vs Mommy needs — iPhone 4S, looks like you and me may just have to wait until we can be together. But on the positive? I have a new shiny baby, who is really cute and is starting to sleep through the night!
What Mommy Want are you holding off on because of a Mommy Need?
What are three major financial pitfalls parents must avoid in this economy?