So yeah, the new iPhone 4S was just announced today and well, this mommy who loves all things Apple wants the new iPhone. So I am all giddy about this stupid phone that hasn’t even hit the market yet. Because, folks — I’m a geek.
Some people aren’t impressed with the hype, or what have you — but after hearing about the snazzy new 8 megapixel camera that the new iPhone will have? count me in. (And a list of other reasons mommy wants the new iPhone.)
But this is when reality gives me a big SLAP in the face.
Mommy WANTS the New iPhone — but does Mommy NEED the New iPhone?
- We have four children to feed and clothe.
- Our fence fell down, again. And when we replaced it, a gas line was hit. SO … ca-ching.
- That cute baby we just had? He came with a not cute hospital bill.
- The downstairs A/C has issues.
- Our oldest kid will soon need braces.
- Christmas is around the corner.
- Aren’t we in a recession?
- We live in Texas and the crazy 100+ degree days has shot our last electric bill up to an ungodly amount.
And that’s just the start of it. (If you see me, please excuse my hair. I know it needs a touch-up)
Gone are the days of impulse purchases. Hello, thinking about others that you are responsible for.
Mommy wants vs Mommy needs — iPhone 4S, looks like you and me may just have to wait until we can be together. But on the positive? I have a new shiny baby, who is really cute and is starting to sleep through the night!
What Mommy Want are you holding off on because of a Mommy Need?
What are three major financial pitfalls parents must avoid in this economy?