But when I laid my eyes on the Nuna ZAAZ highchair for the first time, I knew it would only be a matter of time before our super old, super crusty, booster seat would be sent to the curb. You see, I’m a corporate interior designer by higher education, and my mouth literally salivates when I find a product that combines good design with amazing function.
So what’s so special about the nuna ZAAZ, you ask? I mean, it’s just a high chair, right?
Are you ready to talk “highchair” for a few minutes?
Let’s break this baby down, discuss all the reasons this chair deserves a place at my (and your) kitchen table.
One of my biggest pet peeves with my old chair was that it always looked and felt nasty. And quite frankly, it was dirty. Full of crumbs, impossible to clean. It was always the big blob of an eyesore next to my most loved collection of mid-centry dining chairs. But the ZAAZ? this chair’s appearance is extremely smooth and sleek, with very few creases and crevices for crumbs to hide. And I’ll admit I was a bit anxious about getting a chair with SO! MUCH! WHITE! on it, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how exceptionally well it wipes up with just a warm damp cloth.
Secondly something else I’ve always desired in a highchair was a way to invite baby to join the rest of the family at the table. In the past, I’ve always felt the baby was sitting in his own little separate area, apart from the rest of us. The ZAAZ brilliantly brings baby right up to the table, so he can be included during the meal and part of the family dining experience. You see, the tray is completely detachable, and the chair can be pulled directly up to the table. And yes, the height of the chair is easily adjusted with a simple lever located under the footrest.
Ok, all the above is fine and great, but here is the real deal I fell in love with this chair. You guys, this chairs grows with the child. Like, from age six months all the way up to two hundred pounds! When you’re done with the safety harnesses and tray, everything detaches with grace and style, and you’re left with is a super cool full-sized side chair.
So how much do you love this chair?
And then of course there are a few small thing (that collectively make a huge difference) worth mentioning:
1. The tray is dishwasher safe, and is slender enough that it doesn’t take up too much room in the machine.
2. The 5pt (or 3pt, depending on how it’s installed) harness can be detached easily. After messy meals, I often take them off and thrown them in the dishwasher for a quick clean.
3. The chair is certifiably green. Meaning,it’s made in an eco-friendly factory, and constructed out of eco-friendly materials.
So what do you think? Have I convinced you that you need a ZAAZ, regardless of if you’re adding it to your first child’s baby registry or swapping it out for a decade old chair like me?
Giveaway time! Yes we’re giving away a Nuna ZAAZ ($249) to one very lucky Babble reader. Follow the simple instructions below:
1. To enter, leave a comment on the post below telling us what feature you love best about the ZAAZ.
2. Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
3. This Giveaway entry period starts on Wednesday, February 20th at 12:00:01 AM EST and ends on Thursday, February 28th at 11:59:59 PM EST.
4. We will choose a potential winner in a random drawing on or about Friday, March 1st and send notice to that person via email. If you are a potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 10 days of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Giveaway rules, then we will choose an alternate winner.
5. We will announce the winner here on or about Monday, March 4th at 12:00 PM EST.
6. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.