I’ve been MIA. And believe me when I say that I wish it was for a good reason (Ya know, like I fled to Bermuda or something – wishful thinking!), but it’s not. Since last week, Lysol, Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer – they’ve all become my BFFs. And I am sooooo ready to part ways with my three amigos.
Last week, Zoe (9-years-old) came down with a cold that turned into bronchitis. She shared germs with McKenzie (5-years-old), who went from having croup to the flu to sharing germs with my almost 3-year-old who had a steady 102-103 fever all week. Having 2 littles in elementary school means a big hello to sharing germs. Having little ones with asthma makes all these germs so much worse. For M, it’s round the clock breathing treatments when she gets sick, and it takes forever for the poor girl to get better. But I’ve become a pro on ways to make sure Grayson doesn’t get sick as well, because a 3-month-old with the flu or a high fever is never a good thing. Especially during this awful flu, cold, RSV season. Knock on wood, Sadie (20-months-old) is doing perfectly fine, too. Just cutting some teeth still.
Do you want to see how I have survived a week of sick littles and still managed to keep the baby well?
Please note that this is what works for me and my family. If you suspect your little one is sick, always consult your pediatrician.
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’129414′
Side note: Get your flu shot! The 2 that were able to get the flu shot haven’t been sick with any kind of fever or flu. The other two, who were sick when we went to get the flu shots, were rescheduled for this week, which we had to reschedule again for next. Fingers crossed they are well enough to get it!
See all of Casi’s Babble post here, check her out on Spearmint Baby, The Party Dress and Rags to Stitches. Want more? Get to know 25 things about Casi.Read more from Casi & the cupcake team on cupcakeMAG + cupcakeMAG Littles. Check out Casi’s lifestyle blog where she gives readers a glimpse into her personal life + behind the scenes of all the chaos, cupcake + co. For more updates, follow Casi on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
MORE FROM CASI ON BABBLE
- “Propping Up Grayson” Behind-the-Scences of My Little’s Photo Shoot
- 12 Nurseries Full of Vintage Flair
- 10 Steal-Worthy Ideas for Your Nursery
- 10 Stylish Planners for 2013
- Grayson is 3 Months! 14 Favorite Photos This Month
- 2012 via Instagram: A Year in Review (Photos)
- All the Glitters: 8 Sparkly Headbands
- New Years Eve Plans? Wearing Sequin Heels and Dancing in My Living Room
- 6 Reasons I Am Grateful For 2012
- A Look Back at 2012: My Favorite Ramblings on Babble
- 10 Nurseries You Can’t Wait To Pin
- Grayson is Two Months Old!
- Facing Reality, Finding Faith and Being Thankful for the Little Things
- 3 Must-Read Tips for Working at Home Mompreneurs