If you need to catch up, here’s what you missed:
Otherwise, click continue for this week’s tip!
Record Every Milestone With Your Camera.
While this may seem obvious, there are two things I want to point out:
1. There are a lot of milestones you may not think to photograph! Here’s my running list:
- Food: From nursing to eating solids, trying new foods and snacks is a great way to capture a precious/messy moment with oftentimes hilarious expressions.
- Mobility: Tummy time, scooting on the floor, sitting up, crawling, walking.
- “Firsts” like: Birthday, Petting Zoo, Haircut, Bath, Pool, Touching grass, etc.
So basically, keep that camera attached at the hip!
2. If you can, try to make pretty environments for your photographs. Your photos will thank you. This means, rather than giving baby his first haircut in the bathroom at night (icky household bulbs!), take the highchair out into your garage during the day, open it up and you’ll be flooded with light. Ugly backdrop? Hang a sheet.
Obviously, that won’t work for every scenario. You might be shooting on the fly so move your body around to find the best angle with the best backdrop. It may mean scooting baby over one foot just for a better shot.
Hope you have enjoyed this week’s tips! Next week we’ll continue talking more about finding better backdrops. The more you comment, the more I’ll keep writing these!