Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Christmas is clearly my favorite, but Thanksgiving comes next. The turkey, the Black Friday madness, the laughing with family and friends. It’s just one of the best four-day weekends of the year. This year was especially special, since Grayson wasn’t a newborn and could really participate in the day’s events. Every day this month, I’ve seen social media flooded with what they are thankful for, so I thought I would share an obligatory “what I am thankful for” post with all of you.
Here are a few things I feel thankful for on our last few days of November!
1. My fab five. I am not sure what I would do without them. They make me laugh and constantly keep me going. I love them so much and can’t imagine life without them. Gosh, they are pretty darn cute, too.
2. Turkey. I haven’t had to cook for days. Leftovers are the bomb dot com.
3. Watching Grayson enjoy his first Thanksgiving dinner and enjoying every moment of it. He was slap happy by the time it was over and had us laughing so hard we were in tears. I am thankful for his hysterical personality and for those adorable giggles and sloppy kisses.
4. My husband. For his support during my chaotic work schedule and the fact that he still loves me after all the late nights and how much time I spend on the computer vs. spending time with him. He helped me pack and ship out 200 of cupcakeMAG’s Holiday issues on Black Friday. I’m so thankful for his help when I need it. He is always there for me.
5. My parents and my sister. Without a full support system, I wouldn’t be able to do everything I do each day. They are always there when I need it and help any time they can. My mom helps at the drop of a hat and my sister — well, she is my lifeline, and I am eternally grateful for my absolutely amazing family. I love them so much.
6. Weekly iron infusions. Believe it or not, I am so thankful for medical technology. Each week, I receive a two-hour IV of iron. I am anemic and thankful I am able to get the help I need.
7. The roof over my head. The cookies in the cookie jar. The food on our table. The duvet that keeps me warm at night. I am thankful for all that I have — every little thing. Even down to the toilet paper. I think it’s important to remember to be thankful for those things we take for granted, our homes being one of them.
8. Cute boots and adorable scarves to keep me warm. Seriously though, this girl is all about the boots and accessories. I am thankful to have a closet full of them.
9. My assistant, Skye. She keeps me sane. She keeps my inbox from going crazy and is seriously a dream. I am so thankful to have her by my side.
10. Lastly, I am thankful for you. For being part of the Babble team. For reaching 12,000 followers on Instagram. For this community and my cupcakeMAG family. I seriously wouldn’t be able to do what I love without my followers. You constantly remind me of how thankful I am. Thank you for all of your support! I truly am so blessed to be connected with each one of you.
What are you thankful for?
See all of Casi’s Babble posts here, check her out on Spearmint Baby, The Little Style File and Rags to Stitches. Want more? Get to know 25 things about Casi. Read more from Casi & the cupcake team on cupcakeMAG + cupcakeMAG Littles. Check out Casi’s lifestyle blog where she gives readers a glimpse into her personal life + behind the scenes of all the chaos, cupcake + co. For more updates, follow Casi on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
MORE FROM CASI ON BABBLE
- 10 Super-Cool Toy Cars Your Little Guy Will Love
- 7 New Learning Toys From The Skip Hop Giraffe Safari Wood Collection
- 10 Hip Pacifier Clips for Baby
Image via cupcakeMAG