True Story: The sea breeze is blowing. I’m sipping on lemonade and wishing this beach vacation could last a lifetime. Have to admit, this week my beauty regimen has been bare minimum — just beachy wavy hair.
However, the benefits of salt, both sprays and epsom, can be used long after the vacation is over.
Here are five of my favorites:
1. Stop the Sweat — Use salt spray on dampened roots and let air dry. It’ll give your roots added volume and soak up any sweat or oil throughout the day because salt absorbs moisture.
2. Thicker Hair — Before styling clean hair, spray salt spray into hair for the ultimate blow-out! I love how it gives my hair extra body and texture.
3. Hair Volumizer — Are you a skeptic of salt sprays? Try mixing equal parts epsom salts with warmed conditioner & apply to roots of hair. Let sit for 20 minutes. Using this only on roots (removes excess built up oils & hair products) will help hair get its lift back. This should only be used seasonally to avoid dulling your hair.
4. Body & Foot Scrub — Mix 1 cup epsom salt with 1/2 cup olive oil, and essential oil (optional). Make sure to rinse thoroughly and apply moisturizer afterwards. It’s the perfect concoction for exfoliating dead skin off of tired feet or to clear up bacne (pesky back pimples). But be careful not to use over any open wounds, cuts, or after shaving! The sting will have you on your knees!
5. Facial — Mix 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt into your everyday facial cleanser, massage VERY gently, rinse with cool water, pat dry, and apply moisturizer. The magnesium sulfate is a natural antibac, astringent, and dries excess oil found in pores.
My favorite salt spray is Bumble and Bumble’s Surf Spray.