5 Best Winter Makeup Products for the Low Maintenance Makeup MavenAlli McGinnis
No time to put a full face of makeup on every day? No problem! I use to be so diligent about putting on a full face of makeup every time I walked out the door. The girl at the grocery store with curled hair and perfectly applied makeup was me. I secretly envy that girl now who I so often see in my local Whole Foods. Naturally, as life got busier, my makeup routine started to get less and less impressive. I am now the girl in yoga pants, a ponytail, and large sunglasses that cover up my bare face. I proudly embrace this new look that most likely is here to stay … well, at least for a while with a baby on the way. I do admit that I feel like a new woman when I take the time to put on a few of my favorite products. It’s amazing how a little lipstick and mascara can make all the difference. For a low maintenance makeup look, all you need are these 5 products and 5 minutes.
1. Tinted Moisturizer: I love how convenient a tinted moisturizer is. It will even out your skintone, hydrate your skin, and help protect your skin from the sun. It’s easy to apply, as you can just use your fingers. I like to dab 4 dots of product to my face: 1 on my forehead, 1 on each cheek, and 1 on the chin. In a circular motion, blend the tinted moisturizer into the skin.
My Favorite: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
2. Illuminator: This time of year, your skin can loose luster and life with the cold winter weather. Mix a dime-size amount of illuminator into your tinted moisturizer daily or pat it along the cheekbones and over the bridge of the nose for radiant skin.
My Favorite: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
3. Lipstick: Switch out your summer lip gloss for a creamy lipstick. Our lips tend to get dry and flaky this time of year, so look for one that nourishes and conditions. If you are feeling daring, try a bold color to draw attention to your perfect pout.
My Favorite: Bare Mineral Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
4. Mascara: Go ahead and skip the eyeshadow, but don’t forget the mascara. Our eyes tend to disappear if you don’t add a little volume and definition.
My Favorite: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!
5. Cream Blush: I believe every woman needs a good blush. Everyone looks better with a little color in their cheeks. Switch out your powder blush for a cream to achieve a more natural, fresh look. With your fingers, apply at the apple of your cheeks and gently blend up the cheekbone.
My Favorite: Josie Maran Argan Color Stick